Terms and Conditions
Below is Family Parties Terms and Conditions. They are similar to our Terms of Hire which you will sign on the day. However, there are differences, so please ensure you read both.
By placing a booking with Family Parties, you confirm you have read and agree to our Terms and Conditions.
If the person named on the booking is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, a representative from Family Parties should immediately be consulted.
- The Hiree is the person named on the booking.
- The Hiree must be aged 18 or above.
A booking fee of £25, or the full balance, is payable at the time of booking.
Booking fees are non-refundable.
Family Parties reserve the right to cancel any booking if a booking fee is not paid within 24 hours of a booking being made.
Any remaining balance must be made in full, no less than 15 days before your event date.
Family Parties reserves the right to cancel your booking if a remaining balance is outstanding within 14 days of your event date.
Non payment of an outstanding balance, does not equate to a cancelation.
Cancelations must be made in accordance to our Cancelation and Refunds Policy.
If the person named on the booking, places a booking within 14 days of their event date, payment in full is required at the time of booking.
Family Parties reserves the right to cancel your booking, if made within 14 days of your event date, if payment in full is not paid within 24 hours of the booking being made.
All card transactions must have cleared in advance of your booking date.
It is the responsibility of the person named on the booking to ensure there is:
safe, sufficient and suitable access for Family Parties to access the area where hired items are to be situated.
safe, sufficient and suitable space for hired items to be set up. I.e. clean, flat and level, and free of anything that could cause harm or damage to our hire items, or harm to any person.
We are unable to provide our items to communal land or areas, such as gardens shared by flats. We are also unable to provide items to council owned land or privately owned land etc, without the express written consent of the landowner on headed paper displaying their full contact details.
We reserve the right to cancel your booking at time of delivery if:
- a safe, sufficient and suitable access is not provided.
- a safe, sufficient and suitable space for the hired items to be set up is not not provided.
- the land or area provided is communal, council owned, or privately owned, and written consent of the landowner, on headed paper, displaying their contact details is not provided for our records.
Please see our Cancelation and Refunds Policy.
Family Parties requires the person named on the booking to be present for the delivery of all hired items.
Family Parties requires the person named on the booking to show three forms of ID before the installation of hired items can commence.
ID 1: Must be photographic ID displaying an up-to-date photograph of the person named on the booking, along with their first and last names. A valid driver's license or passport are both appropriate.
ID 2: Must be a valid and in date bank or credit card displaying the first and last names of the person named on the booking.
ID 3: Must be a recent utility bill showing the first and last name of the person named on the booking, along with the address used to make the booking.
- Hired items will not be installed until full payment has been made in full.
During the Hire Period
The person named on the booking:
will be responsible for the supervision of the equipment, its care, and safety from damage no-matter how slight.
will be responsible for the behaviour of all persons, of all ages, using the equipment, no-matter their capacity, including the proper supervision of children and adults, and to ensure all equipment is used only by age and size appropriate persons.
will not use the equipment, or allow the equipment to be used, for any purpose other than it’s intended purpose.
will not sub-hire or use the equipment, or allow the equipment to be used, for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way.
The hire period will end once Family Parties have inspected, cleaned, packed, and removed all items from your property or venue, regardless of the time shown on the booking.
- The person named on the booking must ensure all hire items are clear of users, by the agreed collection time.
Any delay to collection caused by the hirer or their guests, will be charged at £35 per hour, or part part hour.
The person named on the booking must not allow any items to be partially or fully packed away by anyone other than a Family Parties team member. All hire items need to be inspected by a Family Parties team member before packing away can commence.
Collection times are approximate. Family Parties will always endeavour to arrive on or by the collection time shown on the booking, however, should we be delayed, we advise the hirer allows a two hour window for collection. Family Parties cannot be held liable for any additional costs incurred by the hirer should we arrive after the collection time.
Public Liability Insurance
- Family Parties carries a copy of it's Public Liability insurance in the van at all times and is available on request.
- Proof of Family Parties Public Liability Insurance can be requested in advance of your booking date, in which instance it will be emailed to the email address used to make the booking.
- Proof of Family Parties Public Liability Insurance can be emailed to your venue on request, in advance of your booking date, if you supply a contact name and email address.
Accidents / Injury / Loss
Family Parties will accept no liability for any accident, injuries sustained, or death, howsoever caused, in the absence of negligence by Family Parties.
As the hire items will be in the possession and control of the person named on the booking whilst in use, any liability for injuries or other losses caused rests with the the person named on the booking. It is strongly recommended that the hirer has adequate public liability insurance covering their liability arising from the use of all of Family Parties items.
- Family Parties can accept no liability for any pre-existing medical condition being made worse through the use of Family Parties hired items.
We recommend any person who feels generally unwell, has a heart condition, is pregnant, is on any medication, or has any physical impairment, that could be made worse by using Family Parties hired items, should consult their G.P and gain their written approval before using any of Family Parties items.
Damage to Family Parties Property
- The person named on the booking will be billed accordingly for any damage or loss of Family Parties hired items.
- Family Parties do not allow Face Paints, Glitter Tattoos, Henna Tattoos, Silly String, Party Poppers, Confetti, or any other items that can or will cause any marking or permanent staining, on or near our Inflatables, Soft Play items or Bean Bags.
- Family Parties do not allow food, drink, shoes, pets, earrings, badges, other sharp objects, cigarettes, or any other items that may cause damage, on or near our Inflatables, Soft Play items or Bean Bags.
- All items must be returned in the same clean condition in which they were hired. If items are returned in an unclean, muddy or stained condition, the hirer will be charged for cleaning at a rate of £35 per hour, or part of.
- All damages will be billed at the full cost of the repair, or replacement where a repair is not economical, plus any associated costs including, but not limited to, courier services and loss of business while the items are unavailable for hire by other customers.
Damage to Your Property
Family Parties will not be held responsible for damage to your property or venue, as a result of hiring any of our items. This includes water damage or structural damage to property of any kind. It is the customer's full responsibility to ensure that the access and the area where the hire items are to be sited, is suitable.
By making a booking with Family Parties, you are confirming you have read and agree to our Cancellation and Refund Policy.