Frequently Asked Questions
We've answered a number of frequently asked questions below. However, if you can't find an answer for your question, please call us on 07736 308 951, or send us an email via our Contact Us page.
When are your hire items available?
- All our items are available to hire 365 days a year.
- From 1 October - 30 April we only book indoor hires. This is due to the likelihood of bad weather.
How do I make a booking?
- We have a very simple online booking system on our website. However, please click here if you need help booking your items. Alternatively, please feel free to call us on 07736 308 951 or contact us via our details on the Contact Us page.
Does the hirer need to be present when Family Parties deliver the booked hire items?
- we need you to show us exactly where you would like your items set up.
- we need to show you how to use and look after your items.
- we need you to inspect and sign for your items.
- we need to see three forms of ID from you as the hirer.
How soon should we book our hire items?
- It's advisable to book items as soon as possible to ensure they don't get booked by another party.
What do prices include?
Our prices include:
- the hire of the items for the duration of the booked period.
- all necessary accessories and safety devices.
- delivery, setup, and collection within our free delivery area.
Do you carry insurance?
- Yes, we carry £5,000,000 of Public Liability Insurance.
Can you hire items to our chosen venue?
- We are happy to hire items to most venues. All venues, whether it be your garden or a local village hall, must be secure in order to keep all of Family Parties safe.
- If you are unsure about your venue, please give us a call on 07736 308 951 so we can discuss your requirements.
What access is required?
- Most items, with the exception of some of the larger inflatables will fit through a normal width house door, so to use a normal door width is a good guide to go by.
- Some items need to be moved by trolley and this should be taken into consideration when determining suitable access. We will need a good terrain to move trollies and heavy items across.
- If you want us to use the house as access, it should be understood that there is always a potential risk of damage to property. We cannot be held responsible for any damage caused when bringing items through a house.
- If you are booking an unusually large item, we will inform you of access required.
What payment methods do you accept?
- We accept card payments via our website.
When does payment need to be made?
- Payment must be made in full, no less than 14 days in advance of your party.
What happens if the hirer needs to cancel a booking?
Do 'Family Parties' ever cancel a booking?
Can you supply staff?
- For an additional fee we can provide staff for your event. If you give us a call on 07736 308 951, we will be happy to discuss your requirements.
What Happens on the Day
- On the day, we will arrive within an agreed time slot.
- Should we be running slightly behind for any reason, we will phone you to let you know.
- We will collect items within an agreed time slot.
Are all your inflatables PIPA tested?
- Family Parties strive to maintain the highest standards in everything we do. All of our inflatables have a valid manufacturers test certificate or a full PIPA inspection, PIPA Certificate and PIPA tag. This is the equivalent of a cars MOT. Certificates for all items are available for viewing on request.
Are your electrical items PAT tested?
- All of our blowers and electrical items are PAT tested annually. Certificates for all items are available for viewing on request.
Is there any age limits when using hired items?
- Age limits that are applicable, are shown on the products page on our website.If no age is shown, please contact us and we will source that information for you.
What do I need to provide when hiring an inflatable?
You need to provide:
- a flat level area of that allows for the footprint of the inflatable with an additional 2 foot clear space either side, 6 foot to the rear and 10 foot to the front for mats, safe entry and safe exit.
- an area free of any debris or animal excrement or any other items that may harm or inflatables.
- access to a standard 13amp plug socket that is reachable with a 50 foot extension cable.
Do you hire indoor inflatables?
- Yes, we do hire our inflatables for indoor use. Please check there is sufficient indoor space for your inflatable.
- A flat level area of that allows for the footprint of the inflatable with an additional 2 foot clear space either side, 6 foot to the rear and 10 foot to the front for mats, safe entry and safe exit is required.
Can you set up inflatables on driveways, gravel, decking, concrete or other hard surfaces?
- Due to anchorage requirements, we only do outdoor hires on grass. We use metal stakes that go deep into the ground. Regulations stipulate that to anchor an inflatable using sandbags outside, each anchor point must have at least 165kgs of weight on it. On a small inflatable there is 6 anchor points meaning just under a ton of sand would be required. Unfortunately we can't carry that much sand.